Peace Corps: El Salvador

It's official...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm heading to El Salvador on September 16, 2008 for 2 years!

It has been a long, tedious, and eventful journey getting to this point in my life. But I'm ready and can't wait to take the plunge to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Having just come out of the, "I just want to know where I'm going!" phase last week and into the "I don't even care anymore. When it gets here, it gets here" phrase; I was happily surprised to receive my Invitation Letter this afternoon. There was so much excitement in me to find out where I would be placed at my eyes were just skimming the letter for a country name, not paying any attention to the pertinent information. Finally my eyes glazed upon EL SALVADOR and everything clicked...this is where I will be for the next two years.

It seems as if I had been rushing for this point to get here and when it arrived along with it came a sigh of relief and a realization that there's a process to everything in life. Some things will just have to play themselves out and when the moment arrives, that is when it was meant to be.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome~

As your big sister, I am so proud of you. I can't wait to visit. I hear it is beautiful!

May 28, 2008 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger big baby sb said...

shannon good luck

May 30, 2008 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger Casa Ortiz said...

Keilah!!!!! Oh my gosh!!! How exciting is this! El Salv!!!! Wow! It's so you and I know you are going to love it! I have never been there...but how neat to explore somewhere that not many people know of! ...another beautiful chapter in your life, Keilah!!! I am so happy for you, girl!!!! You will have to keep in youch after you leave!!! ...and I will be excited to be reading your blog!!!

May 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Jenzi said...

Hi, Kiki,

Really nice colors you picked on the site! Can't wait for you to go on this wonderful adventure!

Love,

Jen

June 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Love the site!! This will be a great way for us to keep up with you while you are gone! It still hasn't hit us that you are leaving...it will be a sad day in the Smith house...and I have to deal with your brother while your gone. You know how protective he is of you!

June 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

congrats!!!!! What work area are you doing? thanks for stopping by my site with the encouraging words! Since I'll have a restriction its entirely possible I'll be moved all around. So while it could be Belize or Guatemala in August, it could also be Peru or even El Salvador with you in September! I'm trying to be patient, but its hard. At least I emailed her though. So, yes, what is your work area??

June 10, 2008 at 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They couldn't have a better role model mi amiga =)

June 11, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEI MRS.SMITH DIZ IS MILLY=][STEPHANIE D]
I HOPE U R HAVIN FUN RITE NOW
N I HOPE U NEVER 4GET BOUT UR 2ND PERIOD SPANISH CLASS!!!WICH WAS DA BEST =DIMA MISS ALOT SAYIN PRESENTE IN UR CLASS.....WELL LUB YA MRS.SMITH N RICKY MARTIN LUBS U 2!!!LOL=]

June 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY MRS SMiTH !! iTS ME JASMiNE P. !!! OH MY GOD, YOUR WORDS BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES !!! HAHA JUSS KiDDiNG !!! =] AAWWW i MiSS YOU ALREADY !!! AND i HOPE YOU THE BEST iN EL SALVADOR !!! iM SOOOO GLAD i MET YOU THiS YEAR !!! i REMEMBER WHEN i FiRST GOT THERE EVERYTHiNG WAS SOOO DiFFERENT FROM MY OTHER CLASS AT AGNEW !!! HAHA, AWWW...PRESENTE !!!! =] iMMA MiSS THAT !!! =[ YOUR ONE OF THE BEST TEACHERS EVER !!!! i HOPE YOU DONT EVER FORGET ME !!! LOVE ALWAYS,JASMiNE =]

June 11, 2008 at 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY CUZ, ITS TOM CAPERS, IM VERY EXICTED WITH YOU, I KNOW THIS WILL BE A VERY PROSPEROUS EXPERIENCE, SO YOU CONTINUE TO BE THE AMAZING TREND SETTER YOU ARE :)

June 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little cuz, I am so proud of you. It's as if you seem to have the world in the palm of your hands. Keep striving.

Luv Ya, Althea

June 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keilah I am so proud of U. Luv ya aunt Jan in the ATL

June 16, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

free blog template and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2004 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.